This is THE DAY that the Lord has Made!

The rain that falls outside my window as I open my eyes and begin the day is appropriate. It sets a tone for the sobering thoughts that fill my mind right now. Today represents THE DAY. The 24-hour time-frame in which Jesus was crucified. For my own sake, I don't want to move too fast here. You know what I mean? This day is unique to believers all over the world because it is Good Friday. The Son of David became the Lamb of God and the perfect sacrifice...the only possible hope for mankind to be delivered from sin and death.

I'm struggling to take it all in but that is an endeavor worth pursuing. It is a solemn moment...a heavy-hearted moment...a moment that is more contemplative than commemorative...more bowing the head than lifting the voice. To realize that the One Who went to the cross was not the one who should have...but the Only One Who could have. I just need a moment here. The celebration is coming. In the couple of days ahead this is going to get exciting, but as I said, let's not rush it. Feel it all, heart of mine. Know what it means...the incredible sacrifice that was offered so that you can be free. Oh how often I fail. How many times can one person fall? This is why He died. How is it even possible? It just is. I am not looking to understand it. I'm looking to receive it.

Jesus, I know the love you showed here at the cross. It is the ultimate display of limitless mercy...of inexpressible grace. And it is for a sinner like me. I want to quiet my restless heart and not miss what this means. Even when I try to speak I can find only two words that simply cannot articulate what I long to say...

Thank you.